763 G Overheating???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ralph123

So fixed the seat bar sensor. Now the coolant temperature light comes on and the hot Hydraulic oil light comes on and shuts down the machine. Weird thing is that sometimes it does it when the machine has only been running for a few minutes and sometimes not until running for an hour or so. Added some coolant and cleaned off the radiator. Getting error codes 07-11 (Hydraulic oil temperature extremely high) and 0821 (engine coolant too hot). Funny thing is the engine temperature gauge shows normal. Temperature doesn't seem extremely hot for a diesel but I am used to working on 6000 hp plus diesel electric locomotives.

mmsllc

Sorry Dan, I am not sure how to even get to the cooling fan. Pretty sure I know where the shrowd that covers it is but that is about it.
I think he (BOBCATDAN) is asking if you feel air movement when you stand beside the machine. So, crank it up & stand right beside the machine on either side. While it is running, do you feel air movement? If all is well, it should be very obvious that the fan is moving air. If not moving any or enough, you most likely have a fan drive belt issue, a belt tensioner issue or the fan drive assembly is seized up. Get back to us, to better help us help you. thx.

OP
OP
R

Ralph123

I think he (BOBCATDAN) is asking if you feel air movement when you stand beside the machine. So, crank it up & stand right beside the machine on either side. While it is running, do you feel air movement? If all is well, it should be very obvious that the fan is moving air. If not moving any or enough, you most likely have a fan drive belt issue, a belt tensioner issue or the fan drive assembly is seized up. Get back to us, to better help us help you. thx.
Lots of air moving. Almost blows me over when I am beside the machine. Can also feel it sucking through the rad. So, where do I go from here?

Bobcatdan

Lots of air moving. Almost blows me over when I am beside the machine. Can also feel it sucking through the rad. So, where do I go from here?
Verify its actually getting hot. Using a temp gun is best. If it's not hot when it thinks it is, you have an electrical problem. I think this and your earlier problems are related as they are all part of the sensor circuit. One sensor came throws off voltage and the controller doesn't know how to read it. It then guesses. Maybe right, maybe wrong. Could be a bad sensor, harness or controller.

OP
OP
R

Ralph123

More info but no solution. Cleaned off the rad and cooling fins for the hydraulic oil. Lots of crap on the rad, mostly hay and tiny rocks. Still acting up. It does it right off the start sometimes when the rad is still cool. Checked the hydraulic oil after it shut itself off for hydraulic oil too hot and the oil was just warm to the touch.

OP
OP
R

Ralph123

More info but no solution. Cleaned off the rad and cooling fins for the hydraulic oil. Lots of crap on the rad, mostly hay and tiny rocks. Still acting up. It does it right off the start sometimes when the rad is still cool. Checked the hydraulic oil after it shut itself off for hydraulic oil too hot and the oil was just warm to the touch.
Sorry Bob Cat Dan, Didn't see your post before I posted more info. Talked to the Bobcat dealer and he thinks it is a sensor issue too. Unplugged what I thought was the Hydraulic Sensor and got error code 05-22 but machine still ran. It stalled again so I limped it into the shop. Unplugged other sensor and got error codes 07-21 and once again error code 11-05. Pretty sure it is one of the sensors but they are right beside each other so not sure which one to start with. They are pretty cheap but look like a pain to change. The one on the left has 3 wires and the one on the right has only 2. What is your best guess at where to start?

Bobcatdan

Sorry Bob Cat Dan, Didn't see your post before I posted more info. Talked to the Bobcat dealer and he thinks it is a sensor issue too. Unplugged what I thought was the Hydraulic Sensor and got error code 05-22 but machine still ran. It stalled again so I limped it into the shop. Unplugged other sensor and got error codes 07-21 and once again error code 11-05. Pretty sure it is one of the sensors but they are right beside each other so not sure which one to start with. They are pretty cheap but look like a pain to change. The one on the left has 3 wires and the one on the right has only 2. What is your best guess at where to start?
Engine temp sensor is on the thermostat housing. On the hydraulic filter housing, the temp sensor and the filter bypass sensor. Pretty sure charge pressure sensor is under the cab.

OP
OP
R

Ralph123

Engine temp sensor is on the thermostat housing. On the hydraulic filter housing, the temp sensor and the filter bypass sensor. Pretty sure charge pressure sensor is under the cab.
So which one would you think I should start with? Is there anyway to test them before changing each one?

7LBSSMALLIE

So which one would you think I should start with? Is there anyway to test them before changing each one?
I like the input. bcd mmlc .8v sensor circuit supply voltage needs to be monitored. one or more sensors may be the culprit . monitor sensor voltage one at a time while unplugged

7LBSSMALLIE

I like the input. bcd mmlc .8v sensor circuit supply voltage needs to be monitored. one or more sensors may be the culprit . monitor sensor voltage one at a time while unplugged
that being said givien the symptons most likely cause is a short to ground on eng harness. give a good look. wiggle test. etc.

mmsllc

that being said givien the symptons most likely cause is a short to ground on eng harness. give a good look. wiggle test. etc.
it really sounds electrical. should be somewhat relieving compared to an engine damage issue.

biggie

Sorry Dan, I am not sure how to even get to the cooling fan. Pretty sure I know where the shrowd that covers it is but that is about it.
Hey Ralph, If there is a HOLD FOR CODES button on the lights button .This would help,BUT,The fan belt on the left side of the engine.NOT the alt /waterpump belt. could be an issue.