763 G 2001 lift/tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

larryb346

Bobcat has been sitting for about a month. I tried to start it battery dead. Tried to use jumper box still no start. Replaced battery with new one. Had to change routing of battery cables slightly but everything hooked up. Started right up. Lowered the bar and the bar light came on. Pushed the push to operate and the lights came on except the tile/lift light. No codes shown. The seat bat light comes and goes when you raise and lower the bar. I charged the old battery and it started at 5 volts and charged to 13.9 and held. I hooked a load and it tested good the day I removed it from the charger. Not sure if battery was bad or had something discharge it. It has sat for months and started right up so never had a drain before. Looking for suggestions. I have checked and cleaned the fuses in box between feet, cleaned the grounds near the battery where the ground attaches to the motor. Cleaned the positive connection at the starter. It has foot and hand controls and the foot pedals are locked solid so not releasing the spool. It appears the solonid has 3 wires. Is it possible to jump the wires to be sure the solonid is working? Can the seat bar switch be bad and still turn off the light bar light and unlock the brake and not unlock the tilt? Thanks in advance for any help

Tazza

Staff member
If the battery starts the machine, it's good enough to unlock your lift/tilt.
If the light goes on and off when you lift and lower the seat bar, your sensor is good.
Silly question, are you pressing the green push to operate button? this should unlock the pedals and park brake if the seat bar light comes on.

OP
OP
L

larryb346

If the battery starts the machine, it's good enough to unlock your lift/tilt.
If the light goes on and off when you lift and lower the seat bar, your sensor is good.
Silly question, are you pressing the green push to operate button? this should unlock the pedals and park brake if the seat bar light comes on.
Yes sir Put in new battery full battery voltage. Pushed the push to operate button and the 4 light's normally come on. however the tilt/lift light does not. I have the analog gauges with key switch so not the fancy diagnostic screen. Push and hold headlight button and the word none appears so no codes. It looks like three wires going to the unlock solenoid for the tilt. I am guessing ground, a low voltage signal to the computer, and a voltage to energize the solenoid to release the pedals. Do you know if the voltage to energize is full 12V or less. I am wondering if can run wire from battery jumper box, to eliminate any machine voltage and wiring, to the ground and then energizer wire to be sure it will unlock and check the solenoid. You have any idea which wire is for what? I can also unplug the connector and see if have voltage at wires, but harder to do with cab up than jump the wires and listen for thunk of solenoid. Thanks for your response

OP
OP
L

larryb346

Yes sir Put in new battery full battery voltage. Pushed the push to operate button and the 4 light's normally come on. however the tilt/lift light does not. I have the analog gauges with key switch so not the fancy diagnostic screen. Push and hold headlight button and the word none appears so no codes. It looks like three wires going to the unlock solenoid for the tilt. I am guessing ground, a low voltage signal to the computer, and a voltage to energize the solenoid to release the pedals. Do you know if the voltage to energize is full 12V or less. I am wondering if can run wire from battery jumper box, to eliminate any machine voltage and wiring, to the ground and then energizer wire to be sure it will unlock and check the solenoid. You have any idea which wire is for what? I can also unplug the connector and see if have voltage at wires, but harder to do with cab up than jump the wires and listen for thunk of solenoid. Thanks for your response
More information I checked the ohms on the lift tilt lock out solenoid. It is 6 ohms . I had voltage coming to the connector but was less that 12 volts. I cant help but think the issue is connected with battery replacement or is a huge coincidence the battery would go dead and the tilt stop working. I have hand/foot controls, however have never used the hand controls. There is a green switch in the front over head panel. I have not moved it in several years. I seem to remember it having a led light in the switch. If so it's not lighting in either position and makes no difference as far as the lock out which position the switch is in. I removed and re-plugged several connectors today looking for corrosion and found none. Today after doing all of that, twice out of 10 or 12 startup's, the ach light on the panel came on and had a 32-66 code. The rest of the startups no light or code. I am going to start at the battery tomorrow. When I replaced the battery I had to reroute the wire coming from the positive battery post to the mega fuse. I had to move it from the rear of the fuse holder to side facing . It has a cutout for the wire to go to the side so shouldn't matter. I am going to remove the fuse and see if it is letting full voltage through it. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it.

jsenicka

More information I checked the ohms on the lift tilt lock out solenoid. It is 6 ohms . I had voltage coming to the connector but was less that 12 volts. I cant help but think the issue is connected with battery replacement or is a huge coincidence the battery would go dead and the tilt stop working. I have hand/foot controls, however have never used the hand controls. There is a green switch in the front over head panel. I have not moved it in several years. I seem to remember it having a led light in the switch. If so it's not lighting in either position and makes no difference as far as the lock out which position the switch is in. I removed and re-plugged several connectors today looking for corrosion and found none. Today after doing all of that, twice out of 10 or 12 startup's, the ach light on the panel came on and had a 32-66 code. The rest of the startups no light or code. I am going to start at the battery tomorrow. When I replaced the battery I had to reroute the wire coming from the positive battery post to the mega fuse. I had to move it from the rear of the fuse holder to side facing . It has a cutout for the wire to go to the side so shouldn't matter. I am going to remove the fuse and see if it is letting full voltage through it. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it.
any chance you have a cab door interlock wire issue? That would also lock out lift/tilt