763 freezes at times

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cnv65stang

I have a 97 763 with only 800 hrs. Periodically while using the machine, it will just freeze. Won't move forward or backwards and the hydraulics won't work. After a little bit, it will start working again with no problems.... any ideas????? Thanks. David.

OldMachinist

When it freezes turn around and look at the BICS box without lifting the seat bar and see what lights are on and if any of them are flashing.

Fishfiles

I wonder if the drive belt is slipping too.
From what 65 mustang is saying it does sound like a belt problem ----------I'd put the machine up against something that ain't going to move , like a mud pile or another machine and try to spin the tires , if the belt is loose you won't turn the tires --------------tell us more info stang , whats the lights doing , do you a seat sensor , do you hear any belt squeal

OP
OP
C

cnv65stang

I won't have a chance to try it untill the weekend..... I will let you know what I find out... thanks for the replies!

OP
OP
C

cnv65stang

I won't have a chance to try it untill the weekend..... I will let you know what I find out... thanks for the replies!
Worked the 763 all weekend without any problems.... pushed against tree and wheels spin.... I don't know... I will let you know if it does it again. Thanks for being willing to help!! David.

Kermode

Worked the 763 all weekend without any problems.... pushed against tree and wheels spin.... I don't know... I will let you know if it does it again. Thanks for being willing to help!! David.
I had a 96 853 that did exactly the same thing. It was either the seat bar sensor that shook loose, (tighten the bolts and problem solved) or the seat sensor under the seat. This often happened when I was breaking concrete. Little slivers of concrete would migrate into the sensor and jam it up. Sometimes it would do it for no disernible reason though. Those times I would just lift the seat bar and drop it again or, failing that, shut the machine down and restart it. I blamed it on Bobcat's goofy seat sensor/bar sensor/computer safety thingies.