763 cab heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mk3barti

I changed the cab heater on my 763 f series this fall. It worked fine and then would cut out, and now doesn't work. Fuses are good but there is no power to the motor (orange wire). Are there other fuses besides the ones on the back right of the motor, or any ideas what else to check?

mmsllc

I would suggest checking power going in to the switch. If you have power going into the switch, then check for power coming out of the switch. Check that first. I'm guessing it might be bad, or have no power reaching it. Let me know how it checks out.

OP
OP
M

mk3barti

I would suggest checking power going in to the switch. If you have power going into the switch, then check for power coming out of the switch. Check that first. I'm guessing it might be bad, or have no power reaching it. Let me know how it checks out.
Thank you. I think that may be the issue as the heater started working again, and then quit. I am told that there is a relay between the switch and the motor as well. I will keep you posted once I have a look.

mmsllc

Thank you. I think that may be the issue as the heater started working again, and then quit. I am told that there is a relay between the switch and the motor as well. I will keep you posted once I have a look.
OK. When the system is working, it makes it HARD to diagnose 100%. If you have any parts that are getting HOT to the touch, then those can easily be condemned. It is always best to get rid of those parts ASAP before they affect other systems.

7LBSSMALLIE

OK. When the system is working, it makes it HARD to diagnose 100%. If you have any parts that are getting HOT to the touch, then those can easily be condemned. It is always best to get rid of those parts ASAP before they affect other systems.
yes 763f did have another fuse for blower it ties into starter lug about a 9inch lead should be an inline fuse.