763 Auxiliary Hydraulics Won't Engage

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OldNeons

763 C series - I changed a rusted off control arm lever and now my aux hydraulics don't work. The actuator switch is of course in the right hand control grip. At first the yellow light on "dash" stayed on and it worked for a short bit, but was intermittent. Now the yellow light will only come on for a second when pushed and then goes out. If I actuate lever switch on grip while pushing the button my snow blade will move ever so slightly but then it stops and light goes out. I have double checked the pins/connections on the two plugs that come out of the arm. I had to use some penetrant to get the rusty arm out of the control handle - wondering if some entered the sealed switch and ruined it? Anyone have any other thoughts please? Pin voltages to check? thanks in advance

Tonka Toy

Hi, Try changing the Aux valve stems around if you can, then see if anything has changed, will let you know where the issue is more,

OP
OP
O

OldNeons

Hi, Try changing the Aux valve stems around if you can, then see if anything has changed, will let you know where the issue is more,
Thanks for the reply Tonka... I've read a little about the stems and I'm not sure I understand where you are headed? The issue is not one direction or the other not working - the AUX system won't stay engaged - light blinks on and then goes off again? I can hear it try to click in when pushed, but won't stay on long enough for lever switch to actuate? It seems to me since I've disturbed the wiring/ lever switch - it should likely lie in there somewhere? Any suggestions on checking voltages or bypassing the lever switch somehow? Or am I not understanding how the system operates and I now have a mechanical issue in the stems? Thanks for any further advice

Lowe.Buuck

Thanks for the reply Tonka... I've read a little about the stems and I'm not sure I understand where you are headed? The issue is not one direction or the other not working - the AUX system won't stay engaged - light blinks on and then goes off again? I can hear it try to click in when pushed, but won't stay on long enough for lever switch to actuate? It seems to me since I've disturbed the wiring/ lever switch - it should likely lie in there somewhere? Any suggestions on checking voltages or bypassing the lever switch somehow? Or am I not understanding how the system operates and I now have a mechanical issue in the stems? Thanks for any further advice
First check the PWM (Pulse Width Modulator) fuse. The switches (dash and right handle) send signals to the PWM module that is located in the hull below your left leg.
The PWM module controls the coils that actuate the spools.
If the PWM fuse is not allowing enough current to get to the module you can get little to no response from the AUX hydraulics.

7LBSSMALLIE

THE AUX CONTOL MOD LOCATED LFT SIDE MAIN FRAME TWO CONNECTORS HAS PROBALY FAILED CHANGE OUT WITH KNOWN GOOD ONE GO FROM THERE