763 Aux hydraulics not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

K9

My 763 will not run the mower or trencher. My 753 will. So it is obvious something is wrong with the 763. I have read several threads that suggest replacement of the stem cartridge. My 753 and 763 have the same part number in the catalog. If i were to swap them, will hydraulic oil flood out of the spool valve and if so, does it keep going until i run out of oil? My thought is i want to verify this is the fault before buying a new one but if i am going to lose oil from both of them, then that is not plan A. I will need to buy a new one and have it ready to quickly install.
Thanks a bunch

Dadosix

I would expect it to leak fluid as soon as you pull the stem.

Although I don't have the same machine, when I did some spool work on my 643, I lost a bunch of fluid.

None of the Yt videos I saw mentioned / showed this. It didn't start leaking until I started moving the spool to remove it from the body.

OP
OP
K

K9

Dadosix. Thanks for saying what i am thinking will happen. Even in the service manual it says to remove the cartridge and clean with air and make sure the screen is clean. I agree the videos make no mention of trying to minimize the mess likely to occur and have not found any stores giving away hydraulic fluid for free.
Appreciate the response

OP
OP
K

K9

so, 2 things to close out. I did replace the stem cartridge. I had a new one in hand and oil pigs in place and swapped it out quickly. Some oil came out but would estimate less than a pint. The cartridge replacement did not fix my problem. Did some more searching and noticed there was no voltage going to my forward coil that sits on top of the servo valve, but had voltage at the rear coil. Schematic shows that wire coming directly from the computer. Checked it for continuity and it was good. I had the computer replaced and software installed last year, so i tried to convince myself it wasn't that until it became very likely. Bobcat mechanic was here and hooked up his computer and immediately noticed that the aux hydraulic option was not selected when the firmware was read. checked the box on his laptop and uploaded. Approx 10 minutes of effort and my tractor is doing what I paid for. Software in heavy equipment. Sounds like a mismatch. Just glad its solved and no one got their clothes dirty