753G Troubleshooting Guide

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rfriebel

My 753G worked fine before Winter; now unable to start. Typically, starts w/o effort. Is there a guide to help troubleshoot startup problems, fuel, injection, electrical/glow plugs, etc. Also, the LED on my instrument panel is broken. Is the first step to fix instrument panel to diagnose problem(s)? Thanks, Rowl

OldMachinist

Could you please give us more details so that we help you troubleshoot.
Is the starter turning the engine?
Are the glow plugs getting power?
Is it getting fuel?
If it turns over it may have lost prime or the fuel gelled in the filter.

jerry

Is it getting fuel?
sounds like it has lost its prime sitting all winter. can you bleed the pump and injectors? this was a regular thing on a cat we had, every spring had to bleed the injector pump.

OP
OP
R

rfriebel

Is it getting fuel?
The starter turns the engine. I'm not sure how to test for glow plugs getting power. Do I check if its getting fuel by loosing an injector line? I tried bleeding the air out of the system. The fuel was conditioned; however, can replace filter. Thanks

OldMachinist

The starter turns the engine. I'm not sure how to test for glow plugs getting power. Do I check if its getting fuel by loosing an injector line? I tried bleeding the air out of the system. The fuel was conditioned; however, can replace filter. Thanks
For the glow plugs a 12 volt test light will work, hook it up to ground and touch the probe to the terminal screw on each plug with someone pushing the switch.
You could loosen a line to check for fuel.