753G no lift no tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lonfu

2001 753G Bobcat, bought this when it was one year old, now has about 550 hours on machine. Hand and foot controls. Spool valves leaking from rear. I've rebuilt auto trans many times over the last 40 years or so. Replaced the leaking spool valve orings. Used youtube vids as reference and correct service manuel for parts and instruction. took pix of spool valve "seal" direction before disassembly. All was working before replacing leaking spool seals.... service all filters and belts. Engine runs, wheels move, spool valves no longer leak.... but lift and tilt are frozen in the up position. All lights are on when running including the BICS light. One long beep when starting, no error code. Spool valve solenoids are unlocking.... Replaced the BICS stem valve and solenoid, verify by using the old valve with solenoid in my hand when engine running, I can feel the valve activate/de-activate when I slide solenoid off the stem valve. When pedals depressed the rams move about 1/2 to 1 inch, i can hear the engine load up, but I feel resistance like there is something blocking the hydraulic circuit ram circuit?????? I'm stumped???? anyone have any ideas??

Attachments

• 100_6358.JPG
    100_6358.JPG
    743.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_6360.JPG
    100_6360.JPG
    748.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_6372.JPG
    100_6372.JPG
    738.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lonfu

My first thought was double check the hose connections. sounds like a couple ended up reversed
yes, I am. took before pix and after ones are the same. checked with a hydraulic schematic too..... The continuing story of my woe... so, replaced 9 year old batt thinking that low amperage could be the culprit, but no... still have problems. pulled out hydraulic schematic and none of my hoses seem to be cross connected. Ok, so turns out that the bics stem/solenoid valve controls the (bic's locking valve) the stem valve is the pilot valve that controls the actual valve that does the work. there are 2 Pilot operated valves, one in the tilt circuit and one in the lift circuit. both of these are controlled by the Stem valve and solenoid which allows a hydraulic valve to operate... So, I'm back where I started. logically it would seem since both are not working then the electronic control pilot valve is out? But no, I've tested the solenoid and stem valve. I can feel it activating out side the tractor. but I replaced them anyways. the only other things that are in the hydraulic circuit are these hydraulic operated valves that are controlled by the stem/solenoid valve.