753F Spool seal replacement question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Phild58

Hello members, and thank you for the add. I have a question about the seal replacement on the spool valves for a 753F model. I have managed to disconnect the pedal linkage at the front of the valve block (PITA job because the clevis pin was in backwards and I couldn't remove it without splitting the clevis) and have removed the cover at the rear. All good, except when I try to pull the spool out it feels like it hits a hard stop. It seems free around the rubber boot at the front so I expected it to just pull the shaft out of the boot and I could take it out from the rear. Am i missing something? Thanks in advance, Phil

flyerdan

Somewhere in the manual thread is a title called Melroe Control Valves, it deals exclusively with the valve bodies in these machines. There is also one for cylinders, both good to have on your digital shelves.

OP
OP
P

Phild58

Somewhere in the manual thread is a title called Melroe Control Valves, it deals exclusively with the valve bodies in these machines. There is also one for cylinders, both good to have on your digital shelves.
Thanks flyerdan, I'll look for it. Hoping that someone who has had this issue might comment. Cheers

flyerdan

flyerdan I can't find that thread. Can you post a link to it? Cheers, PhilD
Since we can't have stickies here I put it in my sig. That way it's all over the forum.

_______________________VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

OP
OP
P

Phild58

Go ahead and remove the screws in the front holding the boot, and remove the boot, you will have to anyway to replace the front seals. Other than that it should slide right out
Thank you to those who have given advice. I have the bucket and the lift arm spools out now, what a job! So tight down there and working by feel a lot of the time. The bucket spool did come out with a bit of levering, just went pop and out she came! So, new seals and let's see if the leaks are stopped. Once again, thank you!