753F Seat Switch Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nellek808

Hi, New to the forums, hopefully someone will have somewhat of an answer. I have a 753F Bobcat. The machine does not operate. I checked the BICS module, and all lights are lit green except for the Seat light, which is blinking. It is not blinking any codes (like the service manual suggests), it is just consistently blinking. I checked under the seat, and this machine actually does not have a seat switch. A few months ago, the seat bar sensor failed. I replaced it with a new one, and everything worked fine. I do remember at the time, that after I changed the seat bar sensor, all lights on the BICS module were lit, except for the seat light. I just assumed that it doesn't need that to work, or the machine did not have one. Well, now I have a downed machine that does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking the module may have gone bad, but there is no Bobcat dealer here that could scan or troubleshoot the system for me. Thank you for your help. Aloha, Kellen

farmshop

Many of the older machines were converted away from the seat switch to the newer push to operate button. I don't know what that entailed but I assume the seat switch was removed and the wires by passed

OP
OP
N

nellek808

Many of the older machines were converted away from the seat switch to the newer push to operate button. I don't know what that entailed but I assume the seat switch was removed and the wires by passed
From the research that I have gathered, they allow you to bypass the seat switch with a controller kit, which comes with a new BICS module, and either a foot pedal switch, or a push to operate button. My machine has a push to operate button, and the BICS module never used to look for the seat switch. I am assuming that since the light is blinking, the module is looking for the sensor all of a sudden. Was trying to avoid dropping a few hundred dollars for a module without being sure it was the issue. I was hoping someone on here may have run into this problem before, or have some info on the matter.

flyerdan

From the research that I have gathered, they allow you to bypass the seat switch with a controller kit, which comes with a new BICS module, and either a foot pedal switch, or a push to operate button. My machine has a push to operate button, and the BICS module never used to look for the seat switch. I am assuming that since the light is blinking, the module is looking for the sensor all of a sudden. Was trying to avoid dropping a few hundred dollars for a module without being sure it was the issue. I was hoping someone on here may have run into this problem before, or have some info on the matter.
First thing I would do would be to pull all the connectors, hit them with some contact cleaner and apply a bit of No-Ox corrosion inhibitor. It sounds like it might be the problem here, hopefully that will be a quick and easy fix.

farmshop

First thing I would do would be to pull all the connectors, hit them with some contact cleaner and apply a bit of No-Ox corrosion inhibitor. It sounds like it might be the problem here, hopefully that will be a quick and easy fix.
I would also look to see if there is a wire for the seat switch that got disconnected and bypassed at some point that could be causing problems