753 tilt ram bushing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jfro

I have a 1997 753. On the end of the ram where the bushing is pressed in, is there supposed to be a grease zert. Mine has a hole where it looks like one was there but theres not one. I bought a new bushing and it dosnt have a hole or any way to get grease to it. So I guess my question is should I install the new bushing and drill a small hole in it. Then insert a grease zert?

Tazza

Staff member
Some had a grease nipple in the eye, others had a pin with a greas nipple inside it to prevent impact breaking it off. Yours may be that type, but someone installed the wrong pin.

OP
OP
J

jfro

Some had a grease nipple in the eye, others had a pin with a greas nipple inside it to prevent impact breaking it off. Yours may be that type, but someone installed the wrong pin.
Ok thanks Tazza, I must have the wrong pin. Thanks for your help!

mrfixitpaul

Ok thanks Tazza, I must have the wrong pin. Thanks for your help!
The solid pin is less likely to break....this was a common problem with the greasable pin, If it was me, I'd make a hole in the new bushing and line it up with the grease fitting in the rod end, and keep the solid pin.

OP
OP
J

jfro

The solid pin is less likely to break....this was a common problem with the greasable pin, If it was me, I'd make a hole in the new bushing and line it up with the grease fitting in the rod end, and keep the solid pin.
That sounds like a better plan and cheaper. Thanks Paul

Latest posts