753 supposably wont move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lfd433

Hello everybody. Please forgive me, I am new to this and never worked on a bobcat before. I am purchasing a used bobcat 753 with problems. Supportable it won't move, not even a little. "Bobcat Service" said it needs new drive motors to the cost of 3k! I am going to look at it next week. I was hoping for some pointers on what to look for? Also, can anybody tell me how to move this thing? It is in the middle of a parking lot nowhere near a shop, and definitely not my garage.

Tazza

Staff member
You can buy motors from other places than the dealer cheaper than that.
As for moving it, you will need to disable the park brake and remove the hoses from the drive motors, it will roll. The way i move dead machines is brute force, drage it onto a trailer then drag off. Use water to let the wheels slip a little.

OP
OP
L

lfd433

You can buy motors from other places than the dealer cheaper than that.
As for moving it, you will need to disable the park brake and remove the hoses from the drive motors, it will roll. The way i move dead machines is brute force, drage it onto a trailer then drag off. Use water to let the wheels slip a little.
does it even make sense that both drives would totally fail at the same time?

Tazza

Staff member
does it even make sense that both drives would totally fail at the same time?
Not especially. For both motors to cark it, they would have to have failed in a big way which would mean there is trash throughout the system and possible pump damage, still i would suspect that last.
I have had a drive motor lose all power due to bad high pressure seals. The wheels would turn, but there was no power once load was applied.
I wouldn't buy anything till i got the old motors out and pulled down, it could be the high pressure seals too.

jmatt20

Not especially. For both motors to cark it, they would have to have failed in a big way which would mean there is trash throughout the system and possible pump damage, still i would suspect that last.
I have had a drive motor lose all power due to bad high pressure seals. The wheels would turn, but there was no power once load was applied.
I wouldn't buy anything till i got the old motors out and pulled down, it could be the high pressure seals too.
had an 843 that ate both motors and both pump sections ..if you have catastrophic failure of one part of the system and don't shut down in time metal goes all through the system..like tazza ..i use brute force to drag a dead machine around ..you don't say where you are located but if in the western usa .western hydraulics in riverside ca. knows bobcat pumps and motors ..new,rebuilt , or rebuild yours ..pumps and motors are not made by bobcat so any good hydraulic supplier should be able to order you parts or new

kcinvader

Helo there, I also picked up a 1995 or 1996 753 that would not move. Found problem to be split housing on one of the drive motors. Have replacements on order but would like to move machine inside. I pulled both drive motors and still will not roll. I guess parking brake is my next check. Anything else I should be looking for? Thanks for your help, this site has a lot of great posters and has been very helpful so far in my project. Kevin

lesgawlik

Helo there, I also picked up a 1995 or 1996 753 that would not move. Found problem to be split housing on one of the drive motors. Have replacements on order but would like to move machine inside. I pulled both drive motors and still will not roll. I guess parking brake is my next check. Anything else I should be looking for? Thanks for your help, this site has a lot of great posters and has been very helpful so far in my project. Kevin
If you are in the eastern US, there is a place near me in Middle River, Maryland. The guy had a nice shop, and was familiar with all the pumps and motors. I found him by accident while looking for an O ring for a fuel primer.

Tazza

Staff member
If you are in the eastern US, there is a place near me in Middle River, Maryland. The guy had a nice shop, and was familiar with all the pumps and motors. I found him by accident while looking for an O ring for a fuel primer.
Yep, park brake will be on. With the brake off and motors off, it will roll.

Latest posts