753 Steering,,again

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

henry

The rollers on the trunnions, are they supposed to roll or not? I had 1 loose and 3 tight. I thought the bolts would have had a shoulder on them but they dont. You can tighten the bolts untill the rollers do not turn. Even by leaving them a bit loose they run on the threads of the bolt and would be a bit sloppy. There are flat spots on the rollers and the bars they run against. The bars i can flip to the good side. I need to know if the rollers are supposed to roll or do you tighten them down with the bolt. This setup doesnt make sense to me.

Tazza

Staff member
The early ones had non rolling stops, the newer ones rolled. You don't want them rolling on the threads, if they lock up when you tighten the bolt, they are not meant to roll, rotate them so you have a nice un-worn face towards the flat stop that you are going to flip over.

OP
OP
H

henry

The early ones had non rolling stops, the newer ones rolled. You don't want them rolling on the threads, if they lock up when you tighten the bolt, they are not meant to roll, rotate them so you have a nice un-worn face towards the flat stop that you are going to flip over.
Thanks tazza-that was what I was planning to do. There are a couple flat spots on each roller so they were turned before. One of them worked loose.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks tazza-that was what I was planning to do. There are a couple flat spots on each roller so they were turned before. One of them worked loose.
That explains it then :)
Hopefully a new set of stops won't be too expensive.