753 starting problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tpeterson

I am having problems starting my 753. The fuel shut off solenoid is not switching to the on position when the key is turned, if switched manually it works fine. Ijust replaced the solenoid thinking that was the problem but it is still occuring. There is power to it. What should i do???

Tazza

Staff member
Check you ruse box, there should be a relay that controls the shut off solenoid. It could be bad, i believe you can swap it with the starter relay for a test. Check it's fuse is not blown too.

Fishfiles

the run /kill solinoid has two curcuits to it , one change pull which energizesthe magnet and pulls the plunger over , once the oil pressure gets up the second curcuit , which is the hold curcuit kicks in and the pull lets go , the 753 had a couple of different versions of wiring for the run/kill solinoid , the earliest ones got the pull voltage from the starter , as long as the starter was spin then voltage was going to the pull , later models starting using timers , you can tell if you have the timer if there is a removable wiring harness between the solinoid plug and the main wiring harness , these had a fuse holder built into them------------------------------------------ if money is an issue it can be easliy fixed by installing a push pull cable from an old lawn mower throttle or choke and do away with the solinoid , this would be the same as the 743 series , only thing is that the low oil pressure , high water temp , hydraulic pressure shut down would not be able to function

OP
OP
T

tpeterson

the run /kill solinoid has two curcuits to it , one change pull which energizesthe magnet and pulls the plunger over , once the oil pressure gets up the second curcuit , which is the hold curcuit kicks in and the pull lets go , the 753 had a couple of different versions of wiring for the run/kill solinoid , the earliest ones got the pull voltage from the starter , as long as the starter was spin then voltage was going to the pull , later models starting using timers , you can tell if you have the timer if there is a removable wiring harness between the solinoid plug and the main wiring harness , these had a fuse holder built into them------------------------------------------ if money is an issue it can be easliy fixed by installing a push pull cable from an old lawn mower throttle or choke and do away with the solinoid , this would be the same as the 743 series , only thing is that the low oil pressure , high water temp , hydraulic pressure shut down would not be able to function
If i jump off the starter the shut off works just fine, why is that and how do i fix it? Ive charged the battery over night thinking it just wasnt getting enough power but it still wont switch to the on position.

Fishfiles

If i jump off the starter the shut off works just fine, why is that and how do i fix it? Ive charged the battery over night thinking it just wasnt getting enough power but it still wont switch to the on position.
sounds like you go a wire in the wrong spot ------did you have the wires off the starter and not put them back correctly or maybe the guy before you did , trace the wire from the solinoid , one wire would go to the starter on the older wiring setup , if one does then it should be on the lug of the wire that goes right into the starter housing for the armature , this way when the starter is spin then voltage will be applied to the pull section of the solinoid and as soon as it is running and the hold curcuit is powerd up , then when you let go of the key the voltage will stop

7LBSSMALLIE

sounds like you go a wire in the wrong spot ------did you have the wires off the starter and not put them back correctly or maybe the guy before you did , trace the wire from the solinoid , one wire would go to the starter on the older wiring setup , if one does then it should be on the lug of the wire that goes right into the starter housing for the armature , this way when the starter is spin then voltage will be applied to the pull section of the solinoid and as soon as it is running and the hold curcuit is powerd up , then when you let go of the key the voltage will stop
another thougt (and ive run into it before,(more than once) is linkage adjustment, as in at the solenoid to fuel rail. may be that simple