753 fuel shut off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jerry753

I have a 753. Problem started with shut down and fuel solenoid engaging randomly running battery down. Replaced ignition switch, seemed ok for a while. Problem came back replaced fuel solenoid. Seemed to fix it. Now the solenoid will not engage on its own, I can manually open and it will hold. Starts up but when I turn ignition switch off it will keep running. Disconnect battery to shut down. I have 12 volts to red wire and around 4 volts to white wire going to solenoid. If I apply 12 volts directly to white wire the solenoid functions and holds. HELP thanks in advance

flyerdan

Something wrong for sure, I would suspect that when the switch was replaced a wire got put on the wrong terminal. Grab a 753 book from the manual thread, they have a pretty good wiring diagram that will help in sorting it.

OP
OP
J

Jerry753

Something wrong for sure, I would suspect that when the switch was replaced a wire got put on the wrong terminal. Grab a 753 book from the manual thread, they have a pretty good wiring diagram that will help in sorting it.
Thanks for the manual info. When disconnecting the ignition switch the dash lights stay on. Could a relay be causing the voltage to loop back to switch or other Thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the manual info. When disconnecting the ignition switch the dash lights stay on. Could a relay be causing the voltage to loop back to switch or other Thanks in advance
I guess it is possible, a bad relay contact that when it turns on, welds the contacts together and holds the switched power on. Try swapping out the power relay with lights.

Latest posts