753 drive issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sharonaf1

i just purchased a 753G with 1980 hours. drove onto the trailer fine but now it acts and feels like a chain trying to climb a sprocket. i will appreciate any advice on what to look for or look at first. my old school brain tells me a chain is too loose, a tooth off, etc. but i really don't know on one of these. thanks in advance.

bobbie-g

Here's something to try: With the machine off, jack up the front end. Each of the front wheels should rotate maybe an inch as the chain is moved against the sprockets. Do the same with the back. That might give you some indication of what's going on. You could also pull the plate on top of the chain case, between your feet as you sit in the cab. I've not done that, but you could peer down at the sprockets and chains with a flashlight to see what's up. :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
S

sharonaf1

Here's something to try: With the machine off, jack up the front end. Each of the front wheels should rotate maybe an inch as the chain is moved against the sprockets. Do the same with the back. That might give you some indication of what's going on. You could also pull the plate on top of the chain case, between your feet as you sit in the cab. I've not done that, but you could peer down at the sprockets and chains with a flashlight to see what's up. :) ---Bobbie-G
good thoughts. i'll definitely try it. thanks.