751 "F" series drives slow

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dae06

My "new to me" 751 drives pretty slow manual says it should go 6 mph. I used my gps and got it to go to 2.9 mph. Any ideas on how to speed it up? I guess I'm more concerned that this is a symptom to an issue with something else. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Hotrod1830

First thing I would check is engine speed. get a laser tach and check the engine RPM and compare it to fast idle spec. I know some of them can be set way too low. made a world of difference on mine
Make sure both sides drive at the same speed(drives in a straight line). If they are different, it could indicate a problem.
Next thing to check would be engine power. Does it seem to "bog" alot? Butt the bucket up against a solid object and try to spin the tires. Does it spin them easily? If no, you have are possibly low on engine power.
Also make sure the fuel filter is new. Check all those things and let us know.

OP
OP
D

dae06

First thing I would check is engine speed. get a laser tach and check the engine RPM and compare it to fast idle spec. I know some of them can be set way too low. made a world of difference on mine
Make sure both sides drive at the same speed(drives in a straight line). If they are different, it could indicate a problem.
Next thing to check would be engine power. Does it seem to "bog" alot? Butt the bucket up against a solid object and try to spin the tires. Does it spin them easily? If no, you have are possibly low on engine power.
Also make sure the fuel filter is new. Check all those things and let us know.
Thanks for your suggestions. It seems to me the engine RPM's are normal when full throttle, but will check the other items.

OP
OP
D

dae06

Thanks for your suggestions. It seems to me the engine RPM's are normal when full throttle, but will check the other items.
UPDATE: I adjusted the steering linkage (shortened them up) and now drives 6 mph forward. I really don't notice is any slower going backwards, most of the time I spin around and don't need to go backwards.

Latest posts