751 muffler patch/replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ACGuy

So, i bought a 751 at auction for a steal. But it had its problems. Previous owner said it was working fine then was losing power then it just wouldn't start anymore. He thought injector pump and had it rebuilt. But it still wouldn't start. So he parked it and didnt wanna put anymore time and money into it. When i took a look at it and checked the fuel i found that it smelled a lot like kerosene in my opinion. But really have no idea what was in there. And after i drained it out the liquid turned yellow when i saw it in the bed of my pickup the next day. Put a new fuel filter in and fresh diesel and she started up after a few tries. Smokes a lot, but i think its burning off whatever was in there. Anyway, when i said smokes a lot i mean that the muffler pipe that connects to the manifold is busted in half so i gotta find a way to get the muffler off. Its got the Peugeot engine in it. So its really gonna make me work to try and get to anything on the manifold side of the engine. Heck, the other guy had to pull the engine to replace the pick-up tube. Its ridiculous. Anyway, i just want to know if i can get that muffler off without taking the engine out. Im thinking of just getting a new muffler for it instead of patching it up...or maybe get a flex tube to replace that broken section? Its already got other patch work on it.

Last edited: