751 hose question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fred smyth

Hello I have a 1999 751 with kubota engine. It gas a hydraulic hose underneath the cab in fairly poor looking condition. The hose is from the aluminium hydraulic pump to some cylindrical component which seems to be called a hydraulic muffler. (Option). My question is can I change this hose without draining the system?

OP
OP
F

Fred smyth

The hose is number 27 (pt number 6707231 )on the diagram leading to the muffler number 25 (pt number 6659982)

Attachments

• 20221023_174442.jpg
    20221023_174442.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 68

brdgbldr

It's hard to tell how much oil would be lost when taking off that hose. It also depends on how long it will be off.

Your best bet is to get yourself a set of plugs and caps, with the same connector type, and quickly place them as you remove the hose. The hard part is making sure you have the correct size and type plugs and caps beforehand.

I keep large sets of different types of plugs and connectors just for this purpose.

Rlachermeier

It's hard to tell how much oil would be lost when taking off that hose. It also depends on how long it will be off.

Your best bet is to get yourself a set of plugs and caps, with the same connector type, and quickly place them as you remove the hose. The hard part is making sure you have the correct size and type plugs and caps beforehand.

I keep large sets of different types of plugs and connectors just for this purpose.
I had to take off the bottom fittings on my car lift with the system full of hydraulic fluid. I also ordered a set of plugs and caps ahead of time making sure I had a wide range of sizes. I'm not a surgeon but the best I could compare it to would be trying to do open heart surgery without stopping the heart first. It made a huge mess but it ain't leaking no more.