751 f series loses lift/tilt functions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

titan_cnh

Working on a Bobcat 751 and the machine will lose lift/tilt functions after 10-20 minutes of use. The pedals are still able to move but all they do is load up the hydraulic system with no action from the loader and bucket. Looking at the BICS module behind my right arms and all lights are solid on. The time does vary but it will fail. The machine does have the updated BICS module that ignores the seat switch. I have checked for power at the interlock solenoid and have battery voltage going to it. I have also changed the solenoid and spool but this did not seem to help anything much, but swapping the valve stems does seem to prolong the time it takes for the system to fail. Checked wiring going from the switches going to the BICS controller and down to the switches and have good continuity on all wires. The main control valve has been removed and resealed prior to this failure. Next step might be to take the interlock valve off of the main control valve and see if anything is wrong in there. Do you guys have any ideas of what a guy could try prior to doing that job?

SkidRoe

Sounds like you are on to something with the solenoid stems. I would pull them and at least inspect them before buying new parts. They do come apart quite easily.

OP
OP
T

titan_cnh

Update for ya'll. I have pulled and inspected the interlock stem, both of the lockout valves in the BICS valve, and the check valve. Did not find anything wrong with those. Ran my own wires from the from the battery to the interlock solenoid and did not have any change in operation. I am running out of ideas. Looking at the hydraulic schematic and it does not seem like there is a way to install a plug where the lockout valves are at and not have working oil going down the pilot lines and the drain lines.