751 C questions (easy ones)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jason9500

First want to say thanks to all the people that post, the answers have been very informative. I have been lurking and reading a lot before joining but have a couple questions. 1. I just bought a 751C Peugot (I know) with 800 hours for 7200. Bought it from my boss who rarely used it. He had just put a new seat and tires on it before I picked it up. It looks really good, everything is tight, it fires right up and runs as smooth as silk. It does have the Peugot engine which I have read the cons on. With 7200 in it and low hours should I just keep it and run it till it dies? It only will be used on my small farm, moving dirt, gravel, light grading. 2. If I am keeping it, is their a brother or cousin that the attachements will fit both? I am having trouble finding attachments for the 751 but most all other 7 series pop up. It does have the front hydraulics. 3. Anything else special I should know about the Peugot engine besides keeping: oil changed, fluid changed, drain fuel filter, air filters, etc? I read about adding a duel fuel filter for that but have had trouble finding it for sale. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Jason

Tazza

Staff member
Nothing wrong with the Pug engine, they run smooth as, the only time they are a problem is if you over heat it. Keep it serviced and it will serve you very well.
As for attachments, pretty well any attachment will fit, it uses a standard quick attach.
One thing i suggest you do is to replace the timing belt and possibly the water pump/and idler. If the belt goes, it will cause damage. I can run you throgh the procedure if you decide to do this.
The engine should be an XUD9? or something like that, Ebay is a good source for a belt, as they are common engines in the UK

farmshop

Nothing wrong with the Pug engine, they run smooth as, the only time they are a problem is if you over heat it. Keep it serviced and it will serve you very well.
As for attachments, pretty well any attachment will fit, it uses a standard quick attach.
One thing i suggest you do is to replace the timing belt and possibly the water pump/and idler. If the belt goes, it will cause damage. I can run you throgh the procedure if you decide to do this.
The engine should be an XUD9? or something like that, Ebay is a good source for a belt, as they are common engines in the UK
.With only 800 hours even a less than ideal engine should give you a lot of life. A 753 is a comparable size as is a s130. Good maintenance will go a long way with any machine being you know the history of the machine that is worth a lot compared to taking a dealers word

OP
OP
J

Jason9500

Thank you for your answers. I appreciate your offer timing belt procedure. I did get a service manual for the machine and engine that I have been reading. I agree service is everything. Yeah its an XUD9. I have read that I should plan on getting most of my parts overseas. And definitely not at the bobcat dealer. lol Thanks Jason

bobbie-g

Thank you for your answers. I appreciate your offer timing belt procedure. I did get a service manual for the machine and engine that I have been reading. I agree service is everything. Yeah its an XUD9. I have read that I should plan on getting most of my parts overseas. And definitely not at the bobcat dealer. lol Thanks Jason
I have a 751C with 2300hrs on it (bought it at about 900 hrs). I've only had two issues with it. First, the injector pump got wimpy. With that pump, the "lift pump" is internal, along with the "high pressure injector pump" (unsure of the correct terminology here). In mine, the lift pump quit working properly, and I had to replace the whole assembly $$$$ (could have had it rebuilt, but that's another story). I also heard about an add-on second fuel filter kit; given my experience, maybe there's something to it. Second, look at the right hand end of the cam shaft cover. There is a cam shaft end cover (dome shaped, 2" dia) and a muffler bracket. The muffler bracket is held to the aluminum head via two bolts. On mine machine, the threads in the head for both bolts ended up stripping out. Someone backed the muffler into something and all the force of that blow was transmitted via the muffler bracket into the aluminum head. So be extra careful to avoid that scenario. Other than those two items (and the timing belt change!!!), it starts a bit hard, but works fine (I put in a block heater, which helps big-time). I did replace the glow plugs (Autozone is way way cheaper than Bobcat) once which helped the starting. Holler if you need the numbers and I'll dig them out. :) --- Bobbie-G

OP
OP
J

Jason9500

I have a 751C with 2300hrs on it (bought it at about 900 hrs). I've only had two issues with it. First, the injector pump got wimpy. With that pump, the "lift pump" is internal, along with the "high pressure injector pump" (unsure of the correct terminology here). In mine, the lift pump quit working properly, and I had to replace the whole assembly $$$$ (could have had it rebuilt, but that's another story). I also heard about an add-on second fuel filter kit; given my experience, maybe there's something to it. Second, look at the right hand end of the cam shaft cover. There is a cam shaft end cover (dome shaped, 2" dia) and a muffler bracket. The muffler bracket is held to the aluminum head via two bolts. On mine machine, the threads in the head for both bolts ended up stripping out. Someone backed the muffler into something and all the force of that blow was transmitted via the muffler bracket into the aluminum head. So be extra careful to avoid that scenario. Other than those two items (and the timing belt change!!!), it starts a bit hard, but works fine (I put in a block heater, which helps big-time). I did replace the glow plugs (Autozone is way way cheaper than Bobcat) once which helped the starting. Holler if you need the numbers and I'll dig them out. :) --- Bobbie-G
Thanks for that info. I will keep looking for the duel fuel filter kit or see if I can make my own and let you know. I haven't looked at the muffler bracket yet. Will see if I can fabricate something to hold it vs the aluminum head. I think I have the # for the glow plugs. Bosch ones from Autozone? Thanks Jason

bobbie-g

Thanks for that info. I will keep looking for the duel fuel filter kit or see if I can make my own and let you know. I haven't looked at the muffler bracket yet. Will see if I can fabricate something to hold it vs the aluminum head. I think I have the # for the glow plugs. Bosch ones from Autozone? Thanks Jason
Jason, here are my notes from way back when (2005): Original plugs were Bosch 0 250 201 019, new replacement is Bosch 0 250 201 039, stock number 80006 recognized by Autozone, cost $9 each 10/05, Bobcat asking $36 each. Techie at Bosch US said plugs should reach max heat in 4 seconds, and is OK to leave on for 3 minutes. Best I can do....:) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
J

Jason9500

Jason, here are my notes from way back when (2005): Original plugs were Bosch 0 250 201 019, new replacement is Bosch 0 250 201 039, stock number 80006 recognized by Autozone, cost $9 each 10/05, Bobcat asking $36 each. Techie at Bosch US said plugs should reach max heat in 4 seconds, and is OK to leave on for 3 minutes. Best I can do....:) ---Bobbie-G
Thanks Bobbie, part #'s will come in handy and Autozone is close. 36$ at Bobcat? Thats crazy. Autozone for me. Thanks again.

Latest posts