743B steering parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lancinator

I have an old 743 with 4600 hours on it and I tried to adjust the steering so it would not creep on me when I got out of the operators seat. When I got done it was far worse than when I started. Part of the problem is the linkage is so worn out and that it needs replaced. It all so loose and sloppy it crazy. I'm done messing with it till I have parts that aren't worn out and might be adjustable. The round stops are worn down and look egg shaped. The stud on the end that has the centering spring has about a 5/8" hole with about a 3/8" bolt going through it. All of it is just shot. Are these parts available from anyone beside bobcat? It seems that their prices on parts are outrageous.

antfarmer2

You might be able to match some up but the four round ones you will have to make or buy I just did mine I bought the round ones from bobcat and just fliped over the bar they wear on .......get all four wheels in the air blocked up good

jerry

You might be able to match some up but the four round ones you will have to make or buy I just did mine I bought the round ones from bobcat and just fliped over the bar they wear on .......get all four wheels in the air blocked up good
Might as well do all of the joints in the linkage and the outboard bearings on the crosshaft also. I did the 632 and parts from bobcat were actually quite reasonable.

Tazza

Staff member
Might as well do all of the joints in the linkage and the outboard bearings on the crosshaft also. I did the 632 and parts from bobcat were actually quite reasonable.
The steel and rubber bushings make a difference.
Get the new pucks from the dealer if you can't machine them your self. You can some times flip the metal stops over to get a fresh side, if not you need to weld them up or buy new ones.
One other thing i found helped, was to tighten or replace the centering spring. Over time it will loose tension, ensure you don't tighten it too much and bottom out on the coils. At full stroke there should still be a little light between the coils of the spring.
I assume you have details os what to do? http://users.tpg.com.au/tazza_/Steering Adjustment.jpg