743 WIRING ISSUE

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

allman911

was working on coolant gauge while running (using test light) which i have come to the conclustion the sensor isnt working.. the next day after lifting up the rops i have backlight to the gauges and outside lights...but now no power to ignition or any gauge... is there possibly a safe swich that is stuck on from the rops being raised and lowered.. I also have an idea it maybe the plugs that conect the wire so the rops can be taken off... will clean plugs when i go back

Zorack

are the fuses located behind the ignition panel.. I'm a newbie with bobcat
This might be a good time for you to invest in buying a Service Manual :) Some of the older models have it on the floor between your legs where you sit,so I'd check there.

Bobcatdan

This might be a good time for you to invest in buying a Service Manual :) Some of the older models have it on the floor between your legs where you sit,so I'd check there.
Is yours the earlier style where you have to unplug the electrical connector by the seat before you raise the that cab or the newer style where the harness snakes up by the fuel tank. If it is the first style, you probably disturbed some corrosion and broke a pin or two. Simply cut the affected wires and make a jumper around the connector. If the later style, look the harness going to the cab real good. That is an area water can collect and cause wiring problems. On a 743, there are two fuse in the dash, that's pretty much it.

OP
OP
A

allman911

Is yours the earlier style where you have to unplug the electrical connector by the seat before you raise the that cab or the newer style where the harness snakes up by the fuel tank. If it is the first style, you probably disturbed some corrosion and broke a pin or two. Simply cut the affected wires and make a jumper around the connector. If the later style, look the harness going to the cab real good. That is an area water can collect and cause wiring problems. On a 743, there are two fuse in the dash, that's pretty much it.
i belive it is the second newer style there is no plug visable until the rops is flipped up. The wire snakes around the gas tank, like u said. two plugs at the bottom of the gas tank. when i have its flipped up, the wires do pull slightly on the plug althought the the plugs do appear to be tight. when i go back to the farm tomorow i will clean plugs with brake cleaner and tooth brush and apply dioelectric grease and if that fails i will follow ur direction.. i dont think it had been fliped up in a while either Thanks for your help i will get back with result

OP
OP
A

allman911

i belive it is the second newer style there is no plug visable until the rops is flipped up. The wire snakes around the gas tank, like u said. two plugs at the bottom of the gas tank. when i have its flipped up, the wires do pull slightly on the plug althought the the plugs do appear to be tight. when i go back to the farm tomorow i will clean plugs with brake cleaner and tooth brush and apply dioelectric grease and if that fails i will follow ur direction.. i dont think it had been fliped up in a while either Thanks for your help i will get back with result
looking for 743 wiring diagram as well.. saw there was a link on another thread but did not work

Tazza

Staff member
looking for 743 wiring diagram as well.. saw there was a link on another thread but did not work
Any wiring diagram you het will be less than ideal. I have a dealer bought manual, and it is rather poor.
The wiring on this machine is very simple. What happens if you short the sensor to ground? It shouod read a full tank