743 Where the heck is the radiator cap?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tinknal

I had to replace the water pump on my machine. How do I refill the radiator? Sorry for looking like a newb....

flyerdan

It should be on the upper right corner when you're standing at the back. There should be an access hole in the perfed guard grill.
There are a lot of 743 books in the manual thread, quite handy for figuring out where things are, or where they go back together.

OP
OP
T

tinknal

It should be on the upper right corner when you're standing at the back. There should be an access hole in the perfed guard grill.
There are a lot of 743 books in the manual thread, quite handy for figuring out where things are, or where they go back together.
Yeah, I shined a light on it and found it. No access, had to remove the entire grill guard. Design fail there. Also, it's half under the bodywork, hard to get a funnel into.

craigb93

Yeah, I shined a light on it and found it. No access, had to remove the entire grill guard. Design fail there. Also, it's half under the bodywork, hard to get a funnel into.
Several years ago I cut a Key out of a scrap of 1-inch plywood that was 7-8 plies. Jig saw and 15-minutes. It will feed down through the hole over the cap and open the cap w/o taking the grill off. The couple of times I have opened the radiator since then have been a non-event. Not worth trying to post a picture somewhere and all that. You get the idea. It needs to be non-symmetrical and the shape of the prongs custom shaped to individual machines I imagine. -Dick