743 Tilt Cylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rwolfjr

I just was told by bobcat that my tilt cyclinder could not be resealed and that a new one would cost 1,100. Any ideas on where I could buy a good used one or a cheaper new one.

Tazza

Staff member
Depends on whats wrong with it. Some engineering shops can build you a new cylinder.

skidsteer.ca

Depends on whats wrong with it. Some engineering shops can build you a new cylinder.
Fot that kind of replacement cost, yours can be fixed. What is wrong with it, Barrel scored, or piston cracked/ wore would cost the most. Chrome shafting can be replaced for @ $200.00
Not sure on barrels etc, but it can't be that expensive to fix. machine shops like Two Harbor Machine in Two Harbors Mn custom build cylinders too. I'm sure there are many others. You may even find a off the shelf cylinder with the corect bore and stroke that you cold weld the ends on you need. Or someplace like princess auto in Canada or www.surpluscenter.com in Ne may be able to supply cylinders to your spec.
Ken

Fishfiles

Fot that kind of replacement cost, yours can be fixed. What is wrong with it, Barrel scored, or piston cracked/ wore would cost the most. Chrome shafting can be replaced for @ $200.00
Not sure on barrels etc, but it can't be that expensive to fix. machine shops like Two Harbor Machine in Two Harbors Mn custom build cylinders too. I'm sure there are many others. You may even find a off the shelf cylinder with the corect bore and stroke that you cold weld the ends on you need. Or someplace like princess auto in Canada or www.surpluscenter.com in Ne may be able to supply cylinders to your spec.
Ken
I could sell you one , used , complete cylnder for say $500,it's in New Orleans

jerry

I could sell you one , used , complete cylnder for say $500,it's in New Orleans
Ken is right, there is nothing on that cylinder that cannot be replaced by a competent cylinder shop. Take it apart and see for yourself just what is wrong. If it is just seals and you have the time,do it yourself. If no time a good used one would be faster. If you do replace the rod. The rod on our 632 was induction hardened but bent about 1/8 so I replaced it but only had 4140 chrome on hand so I used it and it has worked out good so far but it is just for our own use.