743 Tilt cylinder pedal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oracle_of_ferndale

The tilt cylinder on my 743 occasionally does not respond to the pedal in one direction. It will let the cylinder out every time. About every third or fourth time I push the pedal back to retract the cylinder, it does not work. If I wait a few seconds, it will eventually retract, but this makes it difficult to operate the machine. Can anyone suggest what is broken and how to fix it please?

OP
OP
O

oracle_of_ferndale

The pedal also feels very soft when it does not work. The linkage to the control valve is fine. Hoping the control valve is not bad. Could it be something simple like air in the system?

flyerdan

The pedal also feels very soft when it does not work. The linkage to the control valve is fine. Hoping the control valve is not bad. Could it be something simple like air in the system?
I doubt that it would be air, as that should affect its operation in both directions, as well as migrating to the rest of the valve.
Somewhere in the manual thread is a book dedicated to the control valve block, I'd suggest grabbing a copy of that and seeing if it offers any insight.

OP
OP
O

oracle_of_ferndale

I doubt that it would be air, as that should affect its operation in both directions, as well as migrating to the rest of the valve.
Somewhere in the manual thread is a book dedicated to the control valve block, I'd suggest grabbing a copy of that and seeing if it offers any insight.
Update. Upon closer inspection, one of the pins was missing from the linkage and the bar would pivot around the control valve spool. A tedious thing to fix.

Tazza

Staff member
Update. Upon closer inspection, one of the pins was missing from the linkage and the bar would pivot around the control valve spool. A tedious thing to fix.
Glad you found it, access to the linkages is not fun, but thankfully it's doable.