743 starter issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rjdavis61

I purchased a 743 to do some light landscaping on my yard and am having starter issues. When I first got it it started with no problem. It then began clicking instead of turning over. A mechanic told me it was the starter solenoid. I replace the starter and also the other solonoids in engine compartment. It started one time then when I went to restart it would only click. I jumped hot to starter but was hard to start but eventually did. I had bobcat out and they stated by jumping it I burnt out something in starter. I bought new starter but now when I try to start I still only get a click. I checked voltage at starter and it is 12.5 volts on one side but only 4.5 volts on the other side of solenoid when I have someone turn the key. I put in a call to bobcat Atlanta but they not to exited to send someone out. Seems like a wiring issue. When this happened before I jumped positive directly to the starter with key turned and it started but don't want to burn anything out by doing that. . I was gonna check the solonoids but figured they working if I hear the click and see some voltage (eventhough not enough) transfer to starter. Any help is greatly appreciated

Tazza

Staff member
There will be a small terminal on the starter that goes to the key switch, if you get a jumper cable and jump it between this terminal and the +ve battery terminal. If the starter and battery are good, it will start cranking.
Are you sure the battery is in good shape?

Latest posts