743 skid steer loader drain oil from the drive chains tank

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kyle6241

I was wondering how to get the oil drained from the tank where the 2 big chains run the only drain plug I can find is up front and it is up about 3 inches from the bottom which looks to me as a fill plug and oil level check Kyle

flyerdan

The book states that the procedure is: raise the operator cab, remove the front transmission cover and pump out the oil. Swamp out the residue with clean rags.
I suppose if one only had a hand pump, you could raise the back and drain as much as you could through the plug, as it's listed as holding nine gallons.
When you go to swamp out the chaincase, get a strong magnet and a few bread sacks, or other plastic bags. Put the magnet in the bag so the magnetic sludge won't stick to it and run it around first to get the worst out and bagged up where it won't get everywhere.

OP
OP
K

Kyle6241

The book states that the procedure is: raise the operator cab, remove the front transmission cover and pump out the oil. Swamp out the residue with clean rags.
I suppose if one only had a hand pump, you could raise the back and drain as much as you could through the plug, as it's listed as holding nine gallons.
When you go to swamp out the chaincase, get a strong magnet and a few bread sacks, or other plastic bags. Put the magnet in the bag so the magnetic sludge won't stick to it and run it around first to get the worst out and bagged up where it won't get everywhere.
thankyou very much flyerdan this was very helpful for me and I appreciate very much for you taking the time and answer my questions I was hoping that there was a plug somewhere on the bottom to drain I had look and sure didn't see any again Thankyou Kyle

Tazza

Staff member
thankyou very much flyerdan this was very helpful for me and I appreciate very much for you taking the time and answer my questions I was hoping that there was a plug somewhere on the bottom to drain I had look and sure didn't see any again Thankyou Kyle
Sadly no plug, with that said, i have drilled a hole at the front below the fill plug and threaded it for easy oil changes later.
Ensure you bop the black goo out of the bottom, this goo will contain fine metal particles, so be careful to not get metal needle like pieces in your hands.