743 "park"

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

94BC743

Hello all, I have been using my 94 743B quite extensively this year for snow removal. And have found a few flaws of using this particular machine. The biggest fear of mine is it "walking" away while i'm letting it warm up. When it is really cold the machine has a tendency to creep forward and then start to pick up momentum. Once it runs for a few minutes the problem goes away and the machine will sit still. But it still concerns me enough that I very rarely let it warm up without me in the machine. Is there a way to stop the machine from moving? Other then the parking brake. My parking brake works ok but the machine will still creep slowly with it on. Is there a way to block the hydro pump from sending pressure to the drive motors? Possibly another simpler solution? I would like to be able to start the machine and let it warm up for a few minutes while in the machine and then be able to let it warm up while I'm inside without wondering if its going to join me inside. Thanks!

Wayne440

If it was my machine, I would repair the parking brake. Working properly, it will be more than adequate to prevent creeping.

Tazza

Staff member
If it was my machine, I would repair the parking brake. Working properly, it will be more than adequate to prevent creeping.
Two things you need to do really, adjust the park brake to stop it, and then you also need to adjust the neutral on your pump. If it's not adjusted just right, it will slowly creep on you if the brake isn't holding well enough.
If the brake was working, it will push against it and hold in neutral.

OP
OP

94BC743

Two things you need to do really, adjust the park brake to stop it, and then you also need to adjust the neutral on your pump. If it's not adjusted just right, it will slowly creep on you if the brake isn't holding well enough.
If the brake was working, it will push against it and hold in neutral.
Point taken, I have added a few washers to the brake pedal to get some more throw out of the pedal. Now to the neutral on my pump. The machine doesn't creep at all when warm and will stay put with no issues. It is just when its cold that it will start to creep until it gets a little bit run time. (1-2 minutes). I think the problem is the "sticks" returning to the neutral position. How to I get a little bit more tension on the sticks to return them back to neutral. When I flip up the cab I can see what I think is the return spring that sends it back to neutral. Is it as easy as tightening up that spring? Or will I throw something else out of adjustment. Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
Point taken, I have added a few washers to the brake pedal to get some more throw out of the pedal. Now to the neutral on my pump. The machine doesn't creep at all when warm and will stay put with no issues. It is just when its cold that it will start to creep until it gets a little bit run time. (1-2 minutes). I think the problem is the "sticks" returning to the neutral position. How to I get a little bit more tension on the sticks to return them back to neutral. When I flip up the cab I can see what I think is the return spring that sends it back to neutral. Is it as easy as tightening up that spring? Or will I throw something else out of adjustment. Thanks!
Get the wheels off the ground and see if they move, i'd suspect they will move, even if just a little. When on the ground, you don't notice it as much.
Some times tightening the centering spring on the pump can help pull it back to neutral too.