743 questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jcurry85

I have a 743, not sure what the year is. Bobcats serial number lookup is down on their website. Looking to add a block heater but not sure what to get or where to install it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have the serial number if it's any help. Thanks

mmsllc

As another post has made apparent, if it is a water cooled engine, then anywhere on the engine would be helpful. Most engines have them installed in the block versus installed in the head. If you have an air cooled engine, adding a block heater into the water jacket might be difficult. I have seen engine oil heaters that are magnetic and install onto the oil pan OR a different kind where you remove the oil dip stick, then install another heater in the dip stick tube. Those help keep the engine warm through warming the oil. That might help accomplish what you are looking for.

Madbobcater743

As another post has made apparent, if it is a water cooled engine, then anywhere on the engine would be helpful. Most engines have them installed in the block versus installed in the head. If you have an air cooled engine, adding a block heater into the water jacket might be difficult. I have seen engine oil heaters that are magnetic and install onto the oil pan OR a different kind where you remove the oil dip stick, then install another heater in the dip stick tube. Those help keep the engine warm through warming the oil. That might help accomplish what you are looking for.
How do I find out the year of my machine? I need new tires. Not sure what to order.

SkidRoe

How do I find out the year of my machine? I need new tires. Not sure what to order.
Bobcat did not make changes by model year, only by serial number break point. I would be very surprised if there were different standard rims between 743s that would not be compatible with both early and late machines. The part numbers may be different, but the fit and function should be the same.
If you want to look for yourself, you can check the online parts catalog:
http://landing.bobcat.com/parts/
Click on the parts catalog box. When the new page opens, pick your machine, s/n beak points are listed.
HTH - SR

SkidRoe

I had a look myself, and yup, just as I thought. Bobcat only lists one current number for a 743 standard wheel rim (16.5 x 8.25) - 7232566.
Same rim is also listed for the 753, 763, 773, and S185. You should have no problem finding these somewhere.
HTH - SR

Madbobcater743

I had a look myself, and yup, just as I thought. Bobcat only lists one current number for a 743 standard wheel rim (16.5 x 8.25) - 7232566.
Same rim is also listed for the 753, 763, 773, and S185. You should have no problem finding these somewhere.
HTH - SR
Thans SR. So what is my break point for my SN?