743 pump alignment.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Junkers

I purchased a 743 with the engine completely torn down. got it rebuild and put back together. I got about 3 hours run time on it before it exploded the u joint in the coupler. It was a new u joint and was greased. I did some research on the cause and it mostly came to the pump alignment to the engine. So i tore back into it and measured about 9.5" to the center the the yoke and about 10" to the center of the flywheel of the engine. The repair manual calls for both measurements to be around 10". I removed the pump mounting plate and each side had 3 washers/shims. I got new bushings on order and I will be able to get the pumps height correct but how do you adjust the left and right movement. I'm hoping to have it back together for a lot of work on labor day weekend.

Dave1234

Perhaps you can get the motor sitting on a level surface, and use a plumb bob to mark the center of the flywheel/crankshaft on the surface it sits on, then mark the mounting bolt locations and determine where the crankshaft center is relative to them. Then do the same in the machine--center of the pump input vs motor mounting bolt locations, maybe measure from the side plate for motor center line distance and then move towards the pump and do the same thing for the pump centerline. In a car, 15 degrees on a driveshaft is ok. 1/2 inch in the ~5" of the yoke sounds like a whole lot more; actually impossibly more--a stairstep where none is tolerable. Must have been a bitch to connect the two. Its now days after your target install--what did you do?

Latest posts