743 Problem?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

toslc

This is kinda funny, but annoying. Run the Bob-Cat for awhile and pull up to something solid (another bucket, trailer, concrete block) rest the bucket on the solid object (all 4 tires on the ground) turn it off, get out, and leave it overnight. Come out in the morning and the cylinders for the bucket (lift cyliders, not tilt) will pull themselves in causing the front tires to come off the ground. Any suggestions? Or has anyone seen this before? By the way it was bought used, so who knows what all was done to it. Thanks in advance for any help, John.

500K_773

Welcome to the forum toslc,
You will find this is a great place to find solutions and share ideas. Unfortunately I don't know why your machine is doing that, but I'm sure someone will come along soon with some insite.

Tigerotor77W

Welcome to the forum toslc,
You will find this is a great place to find solutions and share ideas. Unfortunately I don't know why your machine is doing that, but I'm sure someone will come along soon with some insite.
I'm just guessing here. If you sit your machine in the sun a long time (or if you are running a high oil temperature) AND the temperature drops at night, well, a longer temperature means a lower volume, so the decrease in volume would mean the boom arms retract to compensate for the lower volume (which means more pressure). Um, in short, if the oil in the cylinders expanded due to high temperatures during the day, when the temps dropped at night, the rods would go back in. The problem may be as simple as replacing an oil filter. I'm not sure though