743 plenum pics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mclark

Well I made up a sheetmetal plenum ( and gasket) for my three fans to draw more air( as I don't have the orignal flywheel housing and flywheel) Now they draw alot more air./ Ran bobcat for 1/2 hr and temp reached 220 on my new numbered gauge.Seems to hold there. The orignal gauge is about 3/4 up. My question is what is the correct temp it should be at? It's a used V2203 Kubota that did not have a thermostat in it.I have a 180 I could install if this is the right one.Will this cool down the engine more ? Does anyone know if and how I can make my fans run even faster? A guy told me he heard you can do it but he did'nt know how. Thanks for your replies
imgp0501.jpg image by rustyman_3

imgp0498.jpg image by rustyman_3

imgp0499.jpg image by rustyman_3

imgp0500.jpg image by rustyman_3

frank-id

All water cooled engines require a thermostat to control water flow. When a tstat is removed, the water/coolant travels quickly thru system and the radiator cannot shed high temps. Water should be a 60% mix with coolant. Adding a coolant filter is valuable for adding chemicals and collecting any trash, pebbles or sand in the cooling system that could destroy water pump bearings. The block casting sand is not completely removed when engine assembled. Most over the road trucks engines have a coolant filter and needs only to be changed yearly. Frank in Idaho

The V2203 calls for a 180 degree F thermostat, 44mm diameter. Kubota never ran a coolant filter on any of their engines in this class.

OP
OP
M

mclark

The V2203 calls for a 180 degree F thermostat, 44mm diameter. Kubota never ran a coolant filter on any of their engines in this class.
Thanks for info will be installing the 180 in today. Looking at making up a heat shield for my exhaust and engine to defect heat from radiator.