743 lift arms hoses

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

slinger

All four leak. I will replace when I can figure out how to remove the ends from the cylinders. The connections in the rear are out in the open. Very little room in the front for wrenches. Is it necessary to remove the cylinders from the machine or are there special Bobcat tools for facilitation? TIA

[email protected]

honestly if i was you i'd pull the cylinders and repack the seals while you have the hydraulic fluid drained. i did my first seal a couple months ago and i could not believe how easy it was. i bought the seal kit on ebay. just my 2 cents.

jsenicka

honestly if i was you i'd pull the cylinders and repack the seals while you have the hydraulic fluid drained. i did my first seal a couple months ago and i could not believe how easy it was. i bought the seal kit on ebay. just my 2 cents.
Pick up the arms 6" or so and block them with a hunk of 6x6 or similar on the fenders. Pop the pins and take the cylinders out from the front. No way you can get the hoses off easily with the tubes in

Tazza

Staff member
Pick up the arms 6" or so and block them with a hunk of 6x6 or similar on the fenders. Pop the pins and take the cylinders out from the front. No way you can get the hoses off easily with the tubes in
Sadly, access is not fun, one side is fairly clear, the other has a coolant over flow bottle in the way. I have found it easier to pull the cylinders with the lines attached to do the hoses. If you do this, you will need to lift the arms up and support them. Release any pressure before cracking any lines though.

Latest posts