743 Hydraulic Noise

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

It might be my imagination but when burning brush tonight my machine seemed to have a little more noise than normal from the hydraulic pump. Is this something that I can do to make things better or is this just normal in an older machine?

Tazza

Staff member
Could just have your revs down a little low? mine generally makes more noise when the revs are down lower, but when i kick it up it mostly goes away. That or the engine noise is louder than the pump :)

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Could just have your revs down a little low? mine generally makes more noise when the revs are down lower, but when i kick it up it mostly goes away. That or the engine noise is louder than the pump :)
When mine is revved up I still can hear it but obviously not as loud. My fluid in the bubble looks clean and I changed the hydraulic filter around 50 hours ago. I am not sure what kind of fluid it had in it when I bought it but I have always added Bobcat hydro oil and it is a golden color through the glass. If the pump was going out does it get louder or are there any signs I should be concerned about. Driving, turning, and when it is under a load is when it growls.

Tazza

Staff member
When mine is revved up I still can hear it but obviously not as loud. My fluid in the bubble looks clean and I changed the hydraulic filter around 50 hours ago. I am not sure what kind of fluid it had in it when I bought it but I have always added Bobcat hydro oil and it is a golden color through the glass. If the pump was going out does it get louder or are there any signs I should be concerned about. Driving, turning, and when it is under a load is when it growls.
When the pumps start to wear i don't know if they get louder or just weaker. If you feel abnormal lever shaking or loss of power i would suspect a problem. If the filter was the problem the sender in the filter housing should make the light on the dash turn on.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

When the pumps start to wear i don't know if they get louder or just weaker. If you feel abnormal lever shaking or loss of power i would suspect a problem. If the filter was the problem the sender in the filter housing should make the light on the dash turn on.
I don't get abnormal vibration or warning lights. I might be worrying about nothing but I will keep an eye on it.

skidsteer.ca

I don't get abnormal vibration or warning lights. I might be worrying about nothing but I will keep an eye on it.
My first experience with a noise that made me cringe was when pushing and lifting hard. The squeal I heard turned out to be a loose main drive belt on my 753. Only applies to Bobcat with the engine is sideways.
I know what you mean about I think I heard something.
Ken