743 flywheel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

danadbo

I am in need of a good used flywheel for a 743. Not having any luck finding one. Any suggestions? I think the part number is 6562270. Also does anyone know if you can replace just the ring gear on this particular flywheel and what that part number would be for the ring gear if available? I appreciate any help or leads. Thanks

flyerdan

The parts book that I have shows your part number as Wheel - blower with ring gear.
Right below that they have a part number for the ring gear 6510470
If your flywheel is in good shape, no broken fins, etc., replacing the ring gear would be the way to go, the availability shouldn't be a problem on a popular engine like this.
Sometimes the gear can be flipped so the chewed up side goes to the back, but you'd have to be careful and dress it down flat so you don't have any runout. That's kind of a NLA or prohibitively expensive option.

OP
OP
D

danadbo

The parts book that I have shows your part number as Wheel - blower with ring gear.
Right below that they have a part number for the ring gear 6510470
If your flywheel is in good shape, no broken fins, etc., replacing the ring gear would be the way to go, the availability shouldn't be a problem on a popular engine like this.
Sometimes the gear can be flipped so the chewed up side goes to the back, but you'd have to be careful and dress it down flat so you don't have any runout. That's kind of a NLA or prohibitively expensive option.
Thanks! I checked with bobcat and the ring is available through them for $140. Doesn't sound too hateful for bobcat price! Probably be my best bet then I will have new teeth instead of hunting a flywheel with good teeth.

oiu789

Not for sure on this one but some ring gears have the teeth beveled on the starter side and not on the other side. You can not flip them but some times re clocking the works.

thwerench

If the gears directional it'll be marked. Look at the old one real close before removing