743 difficult to start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DBCoop

I know it has been awhile since I asked for help and I just wanted to say THANKS!!!!!!!!!I got her runing and if it were not for Fishfiles and Tazza, I would not have tried on my own. Again THANKS!!! Doug

OP
OP
D

DBCoop

What did you do to get it running , Doug ?
I took your advice Fishfiles and addressed the fuel system. I replaced everything from the pickup tube to the fuel pump. It then would only start when the weather was warm. So then I took Tazza's advice on looking into the glow plugs . There is an old thread in which he explains how to replace the plugs.I decided rather than test,I would just go ahead and replace ( the old ones had been in there for 20 years). It was not that difficult,just as he had said - It just took a while. And now......It starts like a champ!!!!!!

pondfishr

I took your advice Fishfiles and addressed the fuel system. I replaced everything from the pickup tube to the fuel pump. It then would only start when the weather was warm. So then I took Tazza's advice on looking into the glow plugs . There is an old thread in which he explains how to replace the plugs.I decided rather than test,I would just go ahead and replace ( the old ones had been in there for 20 years). It was not that difficult,just as he had said - It just took a while. And now......It starts like a champ!!!!!!
New glow plugs work wonders. Replaced mine a couple of years ago and it starts in +10 F weather now without a problem.