743 Cooling Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brewops

I picked up a 743 from my father in law for a decent deal, but it needs some help. I am going to do a full fluid & filter change, and then plan to check out the gauges and electrical. To start I ran it the other day in mid 50s weather and noticed the temp gauge went up to H. Shut er down and checked things over. Radiator has some leaves and crap in it, will clean that out. Also it looks like there was a block heater on it at some point which I am not sure is in the right spot or not. Does anyone know of a cooling diagram for the 743? Saw some other posts asking for something similar so I checked out the service manual and the parts diagrams but am having a hard time verifying the flow.

Outside of that, I did notice something a little odd that was inline on the cooling system. I attached a picture here and would be greatful if someone has an idea as to what it is. Looks like it may have an associated electrical connector, but its not in the best of shape.

Any help is appreciated!
PXL_20220523_200203686.jpg

Last edited:

Nitro7402

I had cooling issues on my 743 when I got it as well. i found that my radiator and the hydraulic cooler were both clogged with dirt and grim. Removed them and clean them up real good, took the radiator to get internally cleaned and tested. once that was done I removed the thermostate and have not had a problem since. I also made a cover for the fan shroud opening so the fan on the back of the motor flowed air properly without the engine heat.