743 converted to hand controls . Can I convert it back to foot controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

psmith1960

I purchased a 743 that has been converted to hand controls. The hand controls are worn out, can I convert it back to foot controls ? The kit number for the hand controls is 3703007. I can't find anything on the internet about it ,or find any parts for it . Do any of you know where I might get parts to convert it back to foot controls ?

Tazza

Staff member
I think we'd need to see what was removed, the foot controls are quite simple, i'd like to think it would be easy to fabricate what's needed to make it foot controls again

foton

I think we'd need to see what was removed, the foot controls are quite simple, i'd like to think it would be easy to fabricate what's needed to make it foot controls again
I was thinking it might be a good time to look for a kinda basket case for a parts machine.

OP
OP
P

psmith1960

I have the instructions they used to convert it. It for a 6703007or 6703224 kit number. For installing hand control kit. I am not familiar with all the part they talk about. I tried to look up any thing about the kit but there is nothing on the internet about it. It I study the instructions long enough I think I can figure it out. I was hopping someone on here had came across the same thing . The instruction say to remove the foot pedals and discard , but they are still on the machine. The levers are different then the original controls. Thats as far as I have went. I will look under the seat and see if I can take a picture and post it . Thanks for the reply.

deckerbilt

I just came to this forum to see if anyone has converted a Bobcat 825 to hand controls and I see this very recent thread. I don't know why you'd want to convert back to foot controls as I find them very difficult to control precisely, like when trying to get just the right bucket angle for skimming a surface. In any case, has anybody done a conversion, either from a kit or winged it on their own? Paul

ZTFab

I have the instructions they used to convert it. It for a 6703007or 6703224 kit number. For installing hand control kit. I am not familiar with all the part they talk about. I tried to look up any thing about the kit but there is nothing on the internet about it. It I study the instructions long enough I think I can figure it out. I was hopping someone on here had came across the same thing . The instruction say to remove the foot pedals and discard , but they are still on the machine. The levers are different then the original controls. Thats as far as I have went. I will look under the seat and see if I can take a picture and post it . Thanks for the reply.
I know this is an older thread but I just bought a 743B and want to convert it to hand controls. Any chance you want to do some parts swapping to get you back to foot controls and convert mine to hand?