743 bucket rocks by hand

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

marko13

So I just happened to park the 743 for a moment where the bucket was resting on a piece of 6x6 about in the middle of the bottom of the bucket. When I pushed on the edge of the bucket it rocked easily, meaning there was decent amount of play in the knuckle of the tilt cylinder where it attaches to the back of the bucket. Is that a rubber grommet or bushing that is intended to have play or is something worn out?

brdgbldr

So I just happened to park the 743 for a moment where the bucket was resting on a piece of 6x6 about in the middle of the bottom of the bucket. When I pushed on the edge of the bucket it rocked easily, meaning there was decent amount of play in the knuckle of the tilt cylinder where it attaches to the back of the bucket. Is that a rubber grommet or bushing that is intended to have play or is something worn out?
Something is worn out. Pins, bushings etc.

OP
OP
M

marko13

easy to fix? hard to fix? u-tube it? :) or is it even a common no big deal thing?

cdmccul

Very common, things wear out...

Need to fix? Depends on how you use it.... I'm in the same boat, mine is wobbly too, but I so rarely use mine too extreme.

Worn is less safe and more likely to break...I should fix mine...

Jyuma1

Mine does the same thing, but I have 2 tilt cylinders, one on either side. I imagine it's a common issue.
Both cylinders also leak, so one of these days I'll need to fix both issues.

laurencen

not uncommon, the area is constantly covered with spoils which cause wear, it can be fixed if the pin is worn replace the bucket is more work as the bushings are likely part of the bucket, check the arm bushings/pins, they sometimes come loose and flop around

FJRDarksider

You should replace both pins/bushings on the bucket as well as the tilt cylinder. Mine were toasted with zero evidence that any grease had been applied in the last decade (bought it used this year). Bit of a chore as my bucket for some reason had brass bushings on the pivots. This made it easier to drill them out (using the old pin as a guide) with a hole saw and a grinder to allow me to insert the new bushings (not a factory bucket I don't believe).

I actually had good luck sourcing parts off Amazon for the bushings and bucket pins. I was able to find 1 1/.4" pins from the local auto parts supplier here in Ontario.

Some folks mention the bolts aren't long enough to grab the pin when re-installing........I just used a coat hanger with a hook on it to pull it into the taper so the bolt could grab it......worked great.