743 Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kensteer

i have an old 743 bobcat Melrose. i am replacing the dash fuse holder. it has two spades. i am not sure which wires plug on to the two spades. would appreciate your knowlege

foton

fuses do not have a polarity , so if you are replacing the holder with something aftermarket ,try to leave some extra wire, but not to much as space in the covers is limited. and make sure that you use the same or slightly larger gauge wired holder . I think 20 amps is the size? maybe?guessing

marko13

I'm also going to replace a fuse holder on a 743. The fuse tests good with ohms but if I put a hot wire on one side of fuse I get lights but if I put the hot wire on other side of fuse no lights. Seems weird but my only conclusion is the holder has to be bad. Any other possibilities?

foton

so I assume as you describe you have not cut the fuse holder out. to verify what you think is going on you will be cutting the fuse holder out to replace it, so do that now ,then take you meter put on a low ohms scale and go to the wires of the fuse holder you should read close to 0 ohms, if you do read 0 ohms move the wires around and see if the reading changes . if it reads erraticaly or infinity the fuse holder is your problem If it reads 0 ohms steadly keep looking you have not found your problem.

marko13

That's what i was trying to say. I get continuity on the fuse but not on the holder with fuse in it. then the spade conx broke off the other fuse holder trying to test it so now I have two on order.

marko13

That's what i was trying to say. I get continuity on the fuse but not on the holder with fuse in it. then the spade conx broke off the other fuse holder trying to test it so now I have two on order.
Does anyone know what amperage those fuses are for a 743? One does ignition and one does lights apparently.

brdgbldr

The fuses are 25 amps according to the Bobcat "Loader Technical Service Guide".