743 Bobcat Starter Motor / Solenoid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Video: https://rons743.com/

Trying to resolve a 743 Bobcat starter issue.

On my starter solenoid, I found the left (small) terminal marked "R" has no connection to it. (the right one is marked "S" and has a connection)

It had a washer on it, but no nut or connection. I later found a nut laying below solenoid that fits the terminal.

There is a "orphan" connection in the bundle, nut is a spade type connection and not a ring type as would be normal for this one. I did not find a ring to spade terminal near where I found the screw.

Some wiring schematics say that the left terminal is not used in "later" Bobcat 743's.

If any 743 owner(s) could take a look at their 743 Bobcat and see what is there, it would help tremendously.

Thanks Ron Scott

brdgbldr

From what I can find on the wiring diagram (743B SN 18001 & above) there should be a White/Lt. Green 12 gauge wire connected to the small terminal. This wire should go to the start relay. Even if the wire is a different color you should be able to see that same colored wire at the start relay.

Be careful with the wires coming out of the start relay as the ones in my 742B had a habit of coming disconnected very easily. Then I'd have to pull up the wiring diagram to figure out which terminal the wires went to.

OP
OP
rscott7706
Thanks for your quick response. The wire I refer to (spade connection) is white strip, looks like black body. But it could be just green that has faded into black over the years.

I will test it to see if it gets voltage when the key is turned to the strt position.

Markle

All you should need is the one wire 12v from the ignition key switch to "excite" the solenoid, connected at the S terminal. This also assumes your solenoid reaches ground through the metal mounting Tab Of the solenoid. If I get a chance I will look at the wire insulation color tomorrow on mine.

OP
OP
rscott7706
All you should need is the one wire 12v from the ignition key switch to "excite" the solenoid, connected at the S terminal. This also assumes your solenoid reaches ground through the metal mounting Tab Of the solenoid. If I get a chance I will look at the wire insulation color tomorrow on mine.
Thanks Markle, got it taken care of, and yest it is just a single wire.

Good cheers!
Ron