743 Bobcat Auxillarys won't work, No engine bog when button is pushed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

benopierce

I bought a older 743 Bobcat in good working cond and also bought a used grapple bucket for it. I replaced the hydro cyl and lines and couplings with new ones as they needed to be replaced. The bobcat had couple layers of paint on the old couplings and were gummed up meaning the aux hydro's haven't been used in a long time or at all. From what I've been told how to engage the auxillary hydro's is to push down on the button on the right stick and move the middle foot pedal. Could it be a air lock in the new lines? I doubt this because there is no engine lag when the button is pushed or when the middle pedal is used basically have no hydro pressure getting to the grapple. Any help would be much appreciated.

waggles

To activate the front aux hydraulics you move the right steering lever from side to side. The middle foot pedal is a brake ! There are no buttons on the levers of a 743 , are you sure its a 743 ?

waggles

To activate the front aux hydraulics you move the right steering lever from side to side. The middle foot pedal is a brake ! There are no buttons on the levers of a 743 , are you sure its a 743 ?
Some 743 machines have a bolt in place to stop the lever from being moved, it must move freely from side to side to operate the spool in the valve body. Usually moving the lever to the RHS will open the grapple and pushing it to the LHS will close the grapple.

Tazza

Staff member
Some 743 machines have a bolt in place to stop the lever from being moved, it must move freely from side to side to operate the spool in the valve body. Usually moving the lever to the RHS will open the grapple and pushing it to the LHS will close the grapple.
Waggles is spot on, the right stick controls the aux hydraulics. Ensure the lock bolt is removed or the stick will not move. The middle pedal is the park brake... Forward is on, back is off.

Latest posts