743 Auxillary hydros

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Doug baker

So I got into my 89 743 finally to see about the auxillary hydros, the attached pic is what I found. There is only one long bolt in the right stick and I assume the small one and the connecting rod are gone. But when I try to move the stick right or left it doesn't move must at all, that is why I thought the retaining bolt hadn't been removed. Does anyone have a pic of what the connecting rod looks like attached ? Or any ideas be helpful. I have the maunual but it's not much help ,
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 0391D776-94B5-4878-9D9E-6A5F68C1EE67.jpeg
    0391D776-94B5-4878-9D9E-6A5F68C1EE67.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 70

brdgbldr

That looks like the left stick to me.

Here is a copy of parts page (may not be your specific serial number but the right control is the same on all). You want to remove bolt #11.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 3.07.47 PM.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 169
OP
OP
D

Doug baker

Here is a copy of parts page (may not be your specific serial number but the right control is the same on all). You want to remove bolt #11.

OP
OP
D

Doug baker

Got it to open, Can you tell me what number the control rod is? I still having trouble fitting my mind around how that stick moves and what it moves.

spitzair

That is indeed the right stick and it appears the rod is there. If the aux hydraulics have never been used the right lever will likely be reluctant to move but with some gentle persuasion it should eventually come free. Try putting some penetrant in around the big bolt and gently moving the right lever left and right…

Attachments

• 889EEF4E-C84B-409D-A55F-CB2DC0338B55.jpeg
    889EEF4E-C84B-409D-A55F-CB2DC0338B55.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 51

brdgbldr

Got it to open, Can you tell me what number the control rod is? I still having trouble fitting my mind around how that stick moves and what it moves.
Go to this website:

Put in your serial number and then search "auxiliary".
You can search "hand control" to see the levers etc.

The stick should move left to right to control the auxiliaries. If you move it all the way to the right, you will engage the detent balls which will lock the hydraulics on. Move the stick to the left to disengage the detent balls. I

If you engage the detent, the machine will not like to lift or tilt and will drive real slow. It is vey easy to accidentally engage the detent when doing other operations and then a panic ensues thinking that the machine just broke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doug baker

That is indeed the right stick and it appears the rod is there. If the aux hydraulics have never been used the right lever will likely be reluctant to move but with some gentle persuasion it should eventually come free. Try putting some penetrant in around the big bolt and gently moving the right lever left and right…
Thank you so much