743 auxiliary hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scottwv

I have a 743 with auxiliary hydraulics. I want to spin a blower fan for a leaf blower. How do I get the motor to freewheel when I stop the hydraulics?

Lowe.Buuck

You need 2 short hoses, 2 tee fittings and and check valve.
Remove both hoses from the hydraulic motor.
Connect a T fitting and short hose to the end of each hose.
Connect the short hoses back to the hydraulic motor. Pressure to pressure, Return to return.
The check valve is connected to the two T fittings. The check valve should be marked with the flow direction. Make sure it is installed with the flow arrow pointed from the Return to the Pressure side.
During normal operation the Pressure will flow from the pressure side through the motor to the return side. High pressure oil will not flow through the check valve since it does not allow flow from the pressure to the return side.
When you close the control valve stopping flow in the pressure side, the spinning motor will now generate pressure on the return side. Since the control valve is closed, the pressurized oil on the return side of the motor will over come the spring loaded check valve and allow the oil to flow through the check valve back to the pressure side and back into the motor. This loop will allow the motor to coast down rather than to come to an abrupt stop.
I installed the same setup on a snowblower attachment. Do to the oil viscosity and resistance in the hoses and motor, it does not take long to decelerate and stop the snow blower. The good news is it does not shock the shock the gearbox and shafts anymore.