743 after started wont move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kyle6241

the weather has been very cold and we have had some rain 2 or 3 week ago after I got the skid steer started yesterday it would not moved when I tried to move it it would just kill the engine I'm thinking I must have water in the oil where the big chain runs to turn the wheels. when I get it thawed out and drained I need to know what kind of oil to put back in and how much oil Kyle

OP
OP
K

Kyle6241

can anyone tell me how to delete a forum I started and don't need there I found the answer already Kyle

bobbie-g

can anyone tell me how to delete a forum I started and don't need there I found the answer already Kyle
Kyle, I don't know how to either edit or delete a post. Best thing to do is follow up your post with another explaining the current situation. --- As far as oil in the chain case, the general opinion on this forum is that any oil will probably work fine. It's just a box with some cogs and chains, nothing fancy. Some of us drain the chain case oil at the 1000 hour interval, then pump the old hydraulic oil directly into the chain case. I then top the chain case off with the cheapest oil I can find, usually Walmart 30W. And to drain the chain case, I usually elevate the rear of the machine with a floor jack, maybe up 15" or so. --- :) ---Bobbie-G