742B mysterious hyd. problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dave1234

I recently was down for several weeks doing misc. repairs, including new O rings in one hydrostatic motor. Everything else was engine related. When I was finally able to get things back together, the bucket hydraulics would only extend downwards, and the arm hydraulics would only work going up. I wound up shutting down the engine and alternating the two foot pedals back and forth which allowed the arms to lower bit by bit, and the bucket cylinder to get pushed back in bit by bit. When I had parked it everything described above was working just fine. I didn't disturb any of the high pressure hydraulics, just the hydrostatic motor and the case drain filter. In doing the work I did I was in and out of the operator area (with the ROPS up) many, many times, each of which required getting my feet into the
pedal area facing backwards while I tried to lever the rock-hard hoses out of the way then back. I have no idea what is wrong, or how it went bad. Any help or suggestions really appreciated.

Latest posts