742B gas gauge

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

When re-assembling my gas tank, I tried to trouble-shoot my gas gauge, which hasn't worked for years. I installed a new sending unit several years ago, but it never worked reliably. With a multimeter, the sending unit reads max ohms at empty, and min ohms at full, and seems to respond correctly to manual movement of the float. YouTube videos about gas gauges describe sending units as having min ohms at empty and max ohms at full, although one noted that Ford vs Chev are backwards. If mine reads correctly, I will tinker with the gauge itself. Any thoughts?

Tazza

Staff member
Did you change the gauge too? I never had an issue when I replaced the sender and gauge on my 743

foton

Did you change the gauge too? I never had an issue when I replaced the sender and gauge on my 743
these tanks are deep and the float arm should not rub on the sides of the tank so alignment of the arm is important, we had to use a non vented fuel cap for a bit before we could get the correct one and the vacuum pulled collapsed the tank a bit causing the arm to rub giving bad readings so it does not take much.