742B 4G32 Mitsubishi Governor Seals

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tango-Charlie

I have a great running 742B gasser with the 4G32 Mitsubishi engine and governor. I just got it back from routine hydraulic service at a Bobcat dealer and they told me it was in excellent shape and runs like a champ. That's probably because I put a lot of new parts in the engine including timing belt, water pump, gaskets, along with electronic ignition. However, here's my latest dilemma. They showed me where the governor lever seal was moist and just starting to leak. They told me it's not critical yet and to keep checking the oil in the governor but at sometime it should be replaced. The bobcat seal number is 897700 and the dealer said the seal is no longer available. Like other horror stories a new governor would cost $1035.15. Does anyone know where to purchase just the lever seal number 897700 to get for future repair when it starts leaking more. I'd also like to get the belt pulley shaft seal 6513952. Any ideas would be appreciated other than tearing apart the governor as I'd just like to find the new bobcat seal 897700. Thanks, JD

flyerdan

That engine was used in forklifts and farm tractors, what you probably need to do is get the governor model and type and go from there.
If you can't find a parts breakdown on the governor type, there should be a number on the seals; take off any pulleys or actuator arms, clean with solvent and an old toothbrush and see if a number shows up under a magnifying glass. Chances are that it's a very common seal once you can get a number to cross with FMC or National.