742 control panel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

spring

I have a 1983 742 and on the overhead control panel are two warning lights to the left. Does anyone know what they do and what are the bulb part numbers? Someone took mine out before I bought the machine.

Tazza

Staff member
The bulbs are a standard wedge style, available at any auto store.
One will be engine oil pressure low
The other is hydro charge pressure low, or high oil temperature.

OP
OP
S

spring

The bulbs are a standard wedge style, available at any auto store.
One will be engine oil pressure low
The other is hydro charge pressure low, or high oil temperature.
Thanks, do you know which one is oil pressure and which is hydo pressure or oil temp? Also, I thought they were the wedge type as well but they are a miniture 1157 or 1057, which are push and turn similar to a brake light bulb but really small. If anyone has a number, that would be very helpful.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, do you know which one is oil pressure and which is hydo pressure or oil temp? Also, I thought they were the wedge type as well but they are a miniture 1157 or 1057, which are push and turn similar to a brake light bulb but really small. If anyone has a number, that would be very helpful.
I don't actually kno what one is what, but if you get a wire and short the engine pressure sender to ground while its running the light will turn on. This is obviously the engine oil pressure, the other is hydraulic pressure/temperature.
I know the style of bulb you are talking about, i really don't know where to get them though. I can't see them being popular in cars, maybe an electronic component store?